Friday, December 16, 2005

MADRID, Dec. 16 (UPI) -- The patriarch of the singing
Iglesias clan, Julio Iglesias Sr., is going to be a father again at
age 90.
The elder Iglesias, whose son Julio Jr. turns 63 in 2006,
announced in Madrid he is expecting his second child with his
42-year-old wife, Ronna Kneit, hellomagazine.com reported Friday.
"My wife wanted it and I owed it to her," the retired
gynecologist said. "It was an act of generosity towards her. I leave
her part of my blood, of my life. I need her so much that I said to
her, 'Here, this is what you wanted for when I am gone.'"
The couple married in 2001 after a 17-year romance. Their
first child, Jaime, was born in 2004.
"At my age, a child is marvelous," he said. "If people say I
just did it for my wife, I don't take it as an insult, but the truth
is I wanted it just as much as her. It is a gift and a privilege."