Monday, December 12, 2005

Juliana as "Wonder Woman"
Juliana is a lively little girl who I check up on every week or so. I first found out about her after seeing a documentary on TLC called "The Girl Without a Face." I'm not crazy about the title really - because she DOES have a face. She was born with a genetic disorder called Treacher Collins syndrome. According to doctors, she's the most extreme case they've ever seen. Her mom updates a blog about Juliana's progress and her most recent entry cracks me up. Here's an excerpt:

"I was trying to get this update finished before Juliana woke up, but no such luck. She just woke up and she is already throwing things down the stairs and causing trouble. Wow, I got two whole lines written before Kendra yelled "Uh Oh". I went downstairs to see what Juliana had done and her diaper was half way off and she was headed out in the backyard."

It's nice to read that she's up to the regular mischief that all two-year-olds get into. If you want to read more about Juliana click here:CaringBridge.org - juliana