Saturday, December 04, 2004

Hello web travellers,

Somehow December has again arrived and I am starting to get butterflies in my stomach. Many folks have a melancholy attitude about the whole Christmas season - bad childhood memories, issues with consumerism. I do not fit in that category. I LOVE Christmas and and almost everything about it.
Meghan and I grew up loving Christmas and I don't think we've ever grown out of it. We spent countless hours listening to A Sesame Street Christmas, Bing Crosby, even Feliz Navidad (Meghan loves this song on some subliminal level, heh heh). The Sesame Street Christmas Albun is especially great. Bert and Ernie get themselves into a state because they can't afford gifts for eachother. So they got individually to Mr. Hooper's store and sell their paperclip collection and rubber duckie to be able to buy a gift. In the end Mr. Hooper gives them their items back as gifts and everyone is happy. At the end of the record is a song about how Christmas is over, but don't be sad. I always felt like crying when that song came on - I WAS so sad!
These days I love Christmas for other reasons. The biggest one is that I get to be reunited with my clan. It sucks to live provinces away from the very people who rock your world the most! In recent years the holiday season has come to mean an intense string of days filled with daytime adventures and late night sessions.
This year Meghan and I have a bigger issue to deal with while we are home: life after being students. We are both addicted to education, but the time has come for us to seek out some learning experiences outside of the walls of an institution. So, my fellow web travellers, please give us any suggestions: what does the world have in store for a teacher and a lawyer who are not ready to join the workforce?