Monday, May 10, 2004

Back on the Left Coast. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! No gifts from my animals, though. Well, turds as always. And a few farts!! So sweet my children are!
What to comment on? I have no clue. I keep buying the newspaper but then foget about it in my bag. OH! The Chechan president was assassinated! That is pretty crazy! He was backed by Moscow though so the people of Chechnya that want independence probably did not like him much.
I am very grateful that we don't have hardcore militants in Canada. I mean, there was the October Crisis with the FLQ but that is about the extent of Canadian terrorism directed towards the government. Although our government acts quite retardedly and there is often some corruption or other, we Canadians generally have a wicked ass system governing us. The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms is a great instrument we have although I sort of wish it applied to Corporations as well. I have been reading Supreme Court Judgments for two years now and I must assure y'all that we have some cool peeps in charge! This is fortunate considering that they are not elected at all but are appointed by the prime minister without any kind of parliamentary review.
On that note let's discuss the link I have here. It is a vegetarian commercial made by the Protecting Animals USA people. I won't say much cause I want you all to watch it - especially you carnivores (I wonder how often non-veggies read this site?!). Click the link at the bottom of the page to view the short advertisement.
Protecting Animals